Chef Robin Frazier Anderson of Gaithersburg’s Love and Confections Bakery is known for her custom cakes, but the baker can also make a tasty pound cake with a lemon twist. She recently shared the sweet secrets to her famous Lemon Pound Cake with us, and it’s a recipe you don’t have to be a pro to make! Get the scoop on this classic dessert below, then read more about the pastry chef here.
For cake batter
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Sprite
- 3 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs milk
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time mixing after each addition
- Add flour one cup at a time, alternating with ⅓ cup of Sprite, beginning and ending with flour
- Mix well, scrape down sides of bowl, mix briefly
- Pour into well-greased Bundt pan and bake 1 hour or until done and cake pulls away from sides of pan
- For the glaze, whisk all the ingredients together, adding milk until desired consistency is
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.