WHEELS AND DEALS
Beginning around 1915, Reed Brothers Dodge operated a Gulf service station in the triangle bordered by Rockville Pike and Veirs Mill Road. (The photo above is from the 1940s.) In the 1960s, the state of Maryland widened Rockville Pike and shaved the triangle down to a sliver. The Reed Brothers dealership relocated, the sliver was renamed Veterans Park, and a newly created connecting street was named Dodge Street after the dealership. The spot where the Gulf station stood is now northbound Rockville Pike.